EN Screw compressors
Why you should invest in:
ELGi's EN screw compressors
2.2 – 45 KW / 7.5 – 280 CFM.
Rotary screw compressors are suitable for these industries:
- Food Processing
- Small Machining And Fabrication Workshops
- Robust encapsulated system integrated with air intake, compression and discharge system
- Energy-efficient because they come with variable frequency drives (VFD) and heat recovery systems
- Smart controllers that monitor, control and protect the compressor from failures by shutting down the compressor whenever necessary.
- Compactly built
- Easy to maintain with low cost of ownership
- Built with leak-free components
- Complete system control
- Best-in-class sound levels as low as 61dBA
What is the benefit of a variable frequency drive (VFD)?
The biggest cost of compressor ownership is electricity use.
"About 85% of a compressor’s cost derives from energy consumption, cost of spares, cost of service, warranty, and downtime,” ELGi’s Head of Marketing and Communications, Anvar Jay Varadaraj, said in an ELGi blog.
(The equipment itself only accounts for just over 10 percent of the cost of producing compressed air.)
He said ELGi are trying to minimize those energy costs by manufacturing their screw compressors with in-built VFDs that will vary the motor speed according to the air demand, thereby reducing power consumption.
ELGi also offers standalone VFDs, which can be retrofitted to a non VFD compressor.
Download the EN Encapsulated Screw Compressor brochure.